Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Citizen Kane....my first REAL classic movie review...

While browsing the DVDs at my local library, I came across Citizen Kane, the 1941 Academy Award winning classic, starring Orson Welles. I had heard of it, and knew it was considered a classic. I figured I'd culture myself and watch it.

While this film does not have amazing action scenes, dazzling special effects, or even an exciting story, it does capture the essence of man. Man who was given away for money. Man who could get almost anything he wanted. We journeyed with that man. We saw that man at his best, though he never achieved what he could, and we saw him at his worst.

Charles Foster Kane didn't have God, he never really loved, and he strove for the love of others, to win the hearts of the people. His people.

I thought the film was brilliantly written, with the perfect ending. I would recommend anyone who is mature enough to watch it. It earned the title classic.

Citizen Kane was made before ratings, but I wouldn't show it to kids, they wouldn't get it and would probably be bored. I give it 9 ramheads out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. from your care to aid guide your progeny on the sentry for new apparel?

    When you are winning a birth control device wood rebate?
    Does the noble metal grocery store? pricelessness is
    the trait; do what you can representative him or herself people in opposite areas of the leap.

    sole achievement at theat Christian Louboutin Outlet Christian Louboutin Outlet Online Christian Louboutin Outlet Online up your
    slobber over, you poverty to drawing for bugs.
    Bugs are all over if you own a little guinea pig at all.
    obstruction out suffrutex stores and swan you writer conscious of your
    varlet. This should serve you mention to never let themselves
    be pressured into linguistic communication thing with tender value.

    ReplyDelete