Monday, May 3, 2010

ALICE! (The classic version)

I never liked this movie as a child. I liked things that I could understand, identify with, and enjoy. Disney's Alice in Wonderland (1951) was none of those things for me as a child. It still isn't many of them now, but I can definitely appreciate the cartoon classic a lot more nowadays.

Supervised by Walt Disney himself, Alice is considered one of Disney Studios finest works. It looks great, is presented great, and is a great length for a Disney cartoon. I'm not the biggest fan of some of the music (the songs with the choir from Peter Pan).

This movie is confusing and weird, but that's how it is supposed to be. As a nearly 21 year old adult, I like it and can accept that it doesn't always make sense.

After seeing the new Alice in Wonderland (2010), I'm not sure about this cartoon classic's ending. It irks me. Besides that and a couple songs, I really enjoyed this classic.

Alice runs 75 minutes and is rated G. (Show this to your kids and kid siblings and kid cousins and the kids next door.) I give this classic cartoon a solid 8 ramheads out of 10.

ShareFollow Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment