Friday, July 16, 2010

We meet again...wildcat.

A couple weeks ago I reviewed High School Musical 3 and didn't give it great marks. Today, for comparison's sake, here's my review of the first High School Musical (2006).

The first time I watched it, it greatly annoyed me. That is because I expected it to and I wanted it to because of what I had heard about it. As my sister watched it more and more times, I saw parts of it and started liking some of the songs. (Yeah, that's right.) Then I was impressed with the dancing. Really impressed. This made-for-TV movie doesn't feature a greatly impressive plot, polished editing, or perfection, but what it has is honesty. This is High School Musical before the "HSM franchise" and popularity. It is a Disney Channel Original Movie. It's real. I don't like this movie because of the popularity, but for what it is. For the fact that it promotes the arts, and doing a little of everything, and its anti-clique attitude.

High School Musical shows that song and dance aren't lame. The dancing and songs are polished and practiced and downright impressive. The actors (especially Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens) have chemistry. [Their on screen chemistry led to a relationship...] That chemistry was missing in HSM3.

Well, that's all I have for you tonight...

High School Musical runs 98 minutes and is rated TV-G (definitely a family film). I give it 8 ramheads out of 10 for being real and for not selling out (yet).
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment