Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm a Schmuck...are you?

A couple days ago I was privileged to view Dinner for Schmucks (2010). I was expecting to enjoy it, but not nearly as much as I did. Hilarious slapstick gold.

Paul Rudd plays a guys who's trying to move up in his company. In order to do so, his boss is making him attend a dinner, but he has to invite one interesting idiot. Then he meets Barry. By meets, I mean hit with his car. Barry (Steve Carell) is a clueless, lovable man who likes taxidermy-ed mice. He is amazing. Perfect. He makes a mess, but you still love him. The film also features Zach Galifianakis (from The Hangover), Jemaine Clement (The Flight of the Conchords), and Jeff Dunham (in a small role).

The story is interesting, the acting is phenomenal, and the humor is the funniest I've seen since Anchorman. Props to Steve Carell.

Dinner for Schmucks runs 114 minutes and is rated PG-13. I would abide by the 13 rule. I give it a deserved 9 ramheads out of 10.

2 comments:

  1. This movie was super awkward and very lame at times. I struggled to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? The awkwardness was meant to be there and it kept getting crazier and crazier. I really haven't laughed that hard since seeing that movie...

    ReplyDelete