Thursday, March 3, 2011

Did they have cameras back then?

I haven't reviewed any movies in a long time, but that doesn't mean I haven't watched any. About a month and a half ago I got to listen to--I mean watch--10,000 BC (2008). I watched it, having heard of it though knowing nothing about it. Almost two months later, I have very little recollection of the plot.

Essentially, the movie is about a prophesy that exists in every major religion and it comes true to the eventual death of the leper Egyptian Pharaoh. Also, more memorably, the soundtrack was AMAZING. (Composer Harold Kloser is pictured left.) Sadly (or not), the music actually overshadowed the rest of the film. There were no "star" actors, the performances were fine, but not good enough to liven the bland story and average-at-best effects.

The only memorable things besides the Pharaoh getting speared to his death and the music were the rapter-ostriches that pecked people to death and showed the writer's support for evolution. So essentially this movie is three things: Pluralism (all religions essentially lead to the same thing), evolution, and amazing music.

10,000 BC runs 109 minutes and is rated PG-13 for the action violence. I give the film 4 ramheads out of 10. I would give the musical score 9 out of 10, but I have to judge the film as a whole. If nothing else, listen to the soundtrack.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you said that you listened to this movie haha. I really enjoy the score as well :)

    ReplyDelete